Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I can't believe its been 2 weeks


2 weeks since my last posting! WOW!
I guess its cause I've been very leisurely lately.

I decided last second to go to New Orleans for the Super Bowl with my friend Nic Hanson. It was a blast but next time I don't think I will drive there...Milwaukee through Chicago to Memphis, even Jackson Mississippi up until the bayou, everything looks the SAME. it's flat, winter death, ugh. I though I was going to drive off the road several times to spare myself the sight of one more Cracker Barrel.

While down there it was like Mardi Gras on steroids, with all the anticipatory Super Bowl parties and Carnival parades, they gave a nice vibe to the overall party atmosphere. Super Bowl Sunday was too intense to ever conjure up a proper description worthy of equalling the moment. I will just say it was sheer drunken bliss, as if the whole city had won the lottery.

After some car troubles and traffic we returned to dull, drab Milwaukee where the most exciting thing happening was measuring how much snow had fallen...

unemployment is boring the hell out of me so I bought some tickets to San Francisco in April with my good friend John Busch. We are gonna hit up SF for a few days and then head to LA for a few more. If I can get a job out there I'd love to be able to sign a lease while I'm on vacation. I can wait awhile before april though, as I will be turning 29 on the 11th and the last 5 years have gone WAY too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment