Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cabin Fever



When it feels like 5 degrees, with the sun shining, I don't have much motivation to walk out the front door, let alone leave from under the blanket on my couch. This has allowed me time to re-connect with my TV. I usually only watch the "idiotbox" when the local sports teams are playing BUT, recently I've been drawn to Current TV's "Infomania" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwA7oFXjePY).

"Infomania" is a great program and has influenced me to view some of pop cultures finest broadcasting. Programs like "Little Miss Perfect" where bat-shit crazy Mom's (who have enough body fat to produce copious amounts of soap that could bathe a third world country or better yet eat enough Golden Corral in one sitting to feed dozens of starving African children) take their cute, innocent 5-8 year olds and put them through pageants that award them for being more perfect than the other girls. Pretty much a contest that awards the girl with the best spray tan, fake-teeth and hooker boots a trophy and some cash. These Moms are pretty much supplying future "intervention" candidates, ensuring their daughters some sort of addiction, when they stop being pretty enough...UGH!

I also have been watching all those paranormal shows, shows like:

Ghost Adventures
Paranormal State
Ghost Lab
Teen Psychic

I love this shit SO much. It sometimes creeps me out enough to where I walk to my bedroom with my eyes closed talking to myself like I'm 10 again. Good TV...

ok, well I'm on my way out-the door to get some new running shoes. The gym is calling my name. Don't worry, the gym has TV's on every machine, I won't miss any action...

Seriously, the TV is almost as addicting as facebook! And now Apple inc comes out with the Tablet, a huge iphone thing...Damn you technology, give me my life back!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment