Sunday, January 10, 2010

Go (home) Pack Go




Man was that a game for the ages or what? The Green Bay Packers find themselves down 21 points in the 3rd quarter to comeback and lose in OT against an equally defenseless opponent. The worst part about losing in the playoffs is the finality; 7 months until I can get back into it again. It was a fun season and I couldn't ask for much more out of such a young team. Looking forward to the next couple of years of Football in Wisconsin.

Last night I went to play some basketball with my brother and his friends. It wasn't too long ago that I was in High School and Trefor and his buddies were 10/11. I would always play all time QB in the backyard football games and those guys thought I was pretty awesome. I mean I am a pretty good QB for being 5' 7" and 142 lbs. I could block almost all of their shots on the b ball court as well...

Now they all are SUPER DUPER tall. Taylor is 7'0" and Jared is 6"1. They now dominate me on the court and thankfully my outside shot hasn't disappeared completely! I intimidated them with my uniform as no one wanted to get too close which was good for me driving to the lane with authority. I've always loved the assist more than the basket. I guess I am a "team" player. After 10 minutes on the court my lungs were stinging and burning from the lack of shape I'm in and made me realize that I really do need to remain active otherwise I'm gonna get old fast and regret not taking advantage of my prime years.

Ah, a few days until I head out west for some R&R and employment search.

No comments:

Post a Comment