Monday, December 7, 2009

Date Night

So last night I went on a date. I will not say with who but it was with a girl (surprise) that I've been wanting to go on a date with for months but couldn't because I was working in Pitt. I haven't gone on many dates since breaking up with Emily 2 years ago (and we dated for 5 years....That is 7 years)!

28-7= 21 years old (dating age)

I dated a girl from 16-19 and lived in Mexico for a year....Pretty much what I'm saying is I SUCK at dating and I was like a nervous teenager; minus those constant erections a teenage boy gets while in the company of a beautiful female.

So the night started with me being late by 35 minutes because I was working an audition for a local film that ran late and then had to go into Waukesha, WI. If you're not from "the shaw", driving there is next to impossible...I got lost. I knew she said her address was ___ but I went to ___ and it was a hick family with 4 wheelers as lawn ornaments, oops.

While driving with said date, I whipped a u-turn and ran into the curb and while parking at the restaurant ran past the curb again...no big damage just some crunching noises...It entertained her but made me feel like an idiot.

During dinner I decided to get the messiest meal that consisted of sauces that wanted to drip down my face every time I bit into my tortilla. When I excused myself to go to the bathroom to clean up my face I knocked over her crutches and that made a loud crash, but hey, she was laughing...

We went to a movie...it was 2 hours of quiet time...whew!

Fast forward to the end of the night, the drop off... I knew I wasn't gonna go in for a kiss or anything too sassy on the first date, (even if it was the 33rd date I am not good at that stuff) so I helped her upstairs like a gentleman and gave her a hug and made plans for this Thursday...

I need to not be so nervous!

1 comment:

  1. Brendan, we are definitely soul brothers. I am equally suckalicious at dating. I haven't dated in 10 years. And the drop off still freaks me out every time. I usually go for the high-five, so good for you man. A hug!

    ReplyDelete