Sunday, December 13, 2009

The weekend receives an 85%

I don't like to plan on having too good a time, usually, if I do, the planned fun doesn't pan out.


Friday night I was supposed to meet my friend Megan out for some drinks and really wanted to go to the Bayview Brewhaus to see a show. After getting many texts explaining on where to meet I finally braved the sub zero temps and drove to the venue, found parking and received a text saying..."We're leaving and going to National Ave., meet us there!" Well I already was out of the car and a block away...I got in my car and went home. I slept real nicely friday night and saturday bummed around the house and listened to some music, came across a band called "Headlights" and checked them out online. When I looked at their tour information I learned that they played at the Bayview Brewhaus the night before-CRAZY!

Saturday before work I tore apart the house looking for my Ugly Christmas Sweater from 2008 (see bearded picture below) and had no luck finding it. I then rushed to the Value Village in kinda-ghetto Milwaukee and found this gem (see other picture). I was all set for Chelsea's big Ugly sweater party. I was a little late for work because of the sweater shopping but no one noticed, whew. I was pumped, I love hanging out with my co-workers and sipping on some beers.

We get to Chelsea's pretty late and all said co-workers stayed for like an hour because they had to be up at 8 am to work...Last time I checked we were Wisconsinites and this was an Ugly sweater party. Why so lame? I don't know?..So, I was bummed and had to make some new friends on the fly. I befriended some of Chelsea's amigos and ended up getting pretty fucked up singing Sublime all night (not too bad).

Today I burned a few dozen calories from breathing while watching 9 hours of football and the movie "The Cove" (see it) with my friend Erik. We actually did get off the couch to go eat some brunch at Cafe Centraal and drink a couple Bloody Mary's. I like spending time with Erik, he's the kind of friend you can just do anything with and have a great time. His social commentary is stellar as well. I managed to fall asleep for an hour during the late game tonight, must've been the nachos I ate at halftime that made me so sleepy.

I think I will go to the gym tomorrow and run some errands, I need to stay away from the couch/TV until next Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment