Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lazy Days



I was tempted to replace the "y" in days with a "z" but then decided against it.

I have absolutely loved the last few days. Going to bed at 3 am and waking up around anywhere from 10am-2pm. I feel pretty worthless but it feels nice. I'm just chilling in Alterra drinking some hot spiced cider, avoiding the walk home in the 7 degree weather (at least the sun is out). Yesterday was enjoyable. I hung out with my childhood friend, Kyle Nelson, who is a handful of months away from starting his residency. He went through a difficult divorce and it was nice to see him so focused on himself and positive for his new future. Kyle is very religious, something I am not. I am spiritual but don't have a strong faith in the Christian God. I know that he was very let-down with his unsuccessful marriage and it challenged him immensely but his relationship with his creator has helped him through all of this and I give him a lot of credit for managing his marriage and medical school over the past year. We drove around, went to lunch and then watched some "Curb Your Enthusiasm." Kyle is one of the few people in my life that make me genuinely happy. I never bore of his presence and wish it was more frequent.

Last night I decided to do some baking. I would classify myself as a very good cook, but baking has never been an interest until recently. Giorgio and I went to Trader Joe's and bought the store, including some plant life. Our friend Mikey and Chelsea came over and it became a nice little party. We drank wine, had great conversation with some nice tunes.

Today I think I'll watch some movies and finally finish cleaning my room. Hopefully the gym lures me in like this cute Asian here at the coffee shop has.

No comments:

Post a Comment