Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow day!

So, I was supposed to return to work after 3 months away but won't be since everything is closed due to the heavy snowfall. I don't really want to go back to the Country Club, every time I go back after a show they treat me like I've been on a vacation.

"So Brendan how was the time off?"


The time off? Yeah it was great! I got up everyday at 2 am, went outside in the rain for a few hours prepping the trucks in the dark and then drove with the most annoying Yinzer on this earth, Chuck. Got to inhale his second hand smoke which helped me wake up and be alert for the day which consisted of getting yelled at by my bipolar boss. We'd get to set which was in this lovely place called McKee's Rocks, you really should visit there sometime! Great people and beautiful landmarks like Club Erotica and the AMPM. We had this really great abandoned warehouse to work out of too! There were groundhogs and raccoons that would hide in the dark and totally scare us as we set-up-those guys!!! There was also this tent that had Propane heaters and a mildewy carpet, the scent was nice and it covered up all the asbestos in the air. After chilling in the moist tent for 12 hours we got to pack up and head back to our lot where we'd shoot the shit in a giant refrigerator/freezer for a couple hours. We'd eventually decide to go back to the hotel and get some rest. I mean we couldn't wait to do it again eight hours later.

Yeah, the time off was great, 3 months in paradise...

Really though, it was hard work, hard work that I miss already...call me crazy (but don't call me late for dinner) but I think I got addicted to the job a little bit.

I don't know what to do today? I have no plans and it is getting hard for me to get out of this bed. What should I do?

I'll go back to work tomorrow and fight through the next couple weeks, then go on unemployment for a couple months until a job pops up...Keep your eyes open for me, I want my next "vacation" to happen real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment