Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010...


So another decade has come and gone. 1999-2009 has left me with some fleeting memories of the past and many of the memories have been quite fond. I've fallen in and out of love, watched my siblings grow-up, traveled to many wonderful places and seen Radiohead perform live three times. I think of all the friends I've met and the neat experiences and challenges that I've shared with them..

I remember NYE 1999, 18 and celebrating on the streets of Saltillo, Mexico while red-state America was fearing the end of the world or as cable News reffered to it, Y2K!!! Remember all those fools gathering bottled water and canned goods from Sam's? People actually holing themselves up in underground bunkers just in case the huge computer glitch sent this world into such a turnspin that god himself would have to come down and end it for all of us.

Now we find ourselves two years from the next big NYE phenomenon, 2012...Some people believe it will be a positive transformation spiritually while other think the world will explode into pieces because thats what some Mexican Mayan Indians predicted would happen. Many fundamentalist Christians actually root for the apocalypse because they are too cowardly to just kill themselves and rid us of their idiotic superstitions.

For all the people who believe that our world will end when the new year is about to begin...which time zone will the apocalypse begin on? Will I watch Ryan Seacrest in Times Square and realize I have one hour to repent? Will it catch us by surprise on like a Tuesday afternoon in July?

I say just live, let live and remember that no one gets out of here alive. I want to enjoy the days and stop looking towards the future imagining a better life for myself and this place we inhabit. Time passes fast and the future is always a second away. Focus on the present, thats the only time you really can influence what happens and how you live.

Have a great new year and I love you all very much.

Cheers,
Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment